Select to view content in your preferred language

Email Links in Experience Builder?

Jump to solution
08-05-2020 08:38 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

How can I set email links in buttons/text? I try using mailto:somebody@company.com?subject=Hello as a Web Address. When i click on the button/link, nothing happens.

0 Kudos
24 Replies
CandiceBardsley1
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to do the same thing but in portal 10.9.1 - I can't see the options you show in the link provided - is that not an option in this version?

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @CandiceBardsley1 - Portal 10.9.1 is about five releases ago compared to the AGOL 10.3 code, so unfortunately, no. For Enterprise versions, it should be there since Portal 11.1.

0 Kudos
CandiceBardsley1
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to do the same thing but in portal 10.9.1 - I can't see the options you show in the link provided - is that not an option in this version?

@TonghuiMing 

0 Kudos
Nicauldron
Occasional Contributor

Same here! Such an annoying issue - nothing seems to be working.

0 Kudos
Nicauldron
Occasional Contributor

Has anyone come across a solution to this in Experience builder (preferably with as little code as possible. 
The Esri documentation says I can just add an email like to a button widget with mailto:email but this does not open an email app when clicked... it is the same when I use the embed widget and <a href="mailto:somebody@company.com ">Send email</a> in the code section. 

Surely if it is stated in the official documentation it should be working? Otherwise could it be an error with my specific Enterprise version?

0 Kudos