Select to view content in your preferred language

Edit widget not working correctly - only working with one layer?

Jump to solution
08-07-2023 12:18 PM
luckachi
Occasional Contributor III

Please see video

Is there anyone that can explain what is going on with my edit widget? I am testing the editing capabilities in experience builder and so far it has been incredibly frustrating. For one layer, sites, I can create a feature and the attributes / smart form is displayed inside the edit widget. However, when I try to create features for the other layers the feature appears on the map but the attributes/smart form does not display and the only way to continue is to refresh the page because the back arrow doesn't appear and there is no way to "close" the edit widget. The edit widget also allows me to have two templates active at the same time but seems stuck on one template?

Smart forms have been created for each layer

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @luckachi , thank you for posting this, and we apologize for the late reply. There were some updates to this widget with the latest November ArcGIS Online release. Are you still observing these issues?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
luckachi

I am also experiencing this issue with a Sidebar instant app. 

After discovering this with the Sidebar app, I created a new webmap for both the Sidebar app and Experience Builder to use and I continue to experience the same issue where features are being created visually but the smart form is not showing up and thus the feature is not actually being saved.

Screenshot 2023-08-08 124534.png

Error received when creating the features that the smart form does not appear:

Screenshot 2023-08-08 125435.png

** I should note that I currently have this data in a Web AppBuilder app that is working just fine - zero issues creating features, etc. 

0 Kudos
ClangDevGuy
New Contributor III

Hey @luckachi

I am just curious what version of ExB are you using? I am noticing a similar issue with a similar workflow that seems to "break" the edit widget on ExB version 1.11.

Workflow:
- Use the list widget to select a feature with enabled DataActions for the edit widget so, it activates the edit widget selection.
- Click back and discard edits
- Editor widget is now broken

However, if I a create a feature from the start and then proceed through the workflow mentioned above its fine. It only seems to happen the "first time" if that makes sense. 

0 Kudos
luckachi

Hi @ClangDevGuy,

I am using the ExB that is available directly through AGO. For the one layer that I am able to get the form to show up for, it seems like the only way I can 'proceed' after clicking back and discarding the edits is to refresh the page. For any of the other layers, I can deselect the feature that gets created and if I try to select a different feature to create, it does nothing. It holds on to the last feature template I used. My cursor also doesn't change (stuck in edit mode) and I am unable to interact with any of the other widgets

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @luckachi , thank you for posting this, and we apologize for the late reply. There were some updates to this widget with the latest November ArcGIS Online release. Are you still observing these issues?

0 Kudos
luckachi

Hi @AlixVezina - no worries. I went back to this web experience about a week or so ago and as far as I can tell, it is working as expected and this issue seems to be resolved. I am, however, now dealing with a zoom mismatch between the scrolling zoom and using the actual zoom buttons and having layers displayed at the correct levels.

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Glad to hear the original issue is resolved. Please could you create a new Question post for this new issue with as many details as you can on your setup and a quick recording? Please also tag me so I can loop back. Thanks!

luckachi

Will do!

0 Kudos