Select to view content in your preferred language

Edit Widget keep Enable Delete the Record!!

Monday
Labels (1)
MCh
by
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have an issue with ArcGIS Experience Builder Edit Widget in ArcGIS Online.
When I shared the data from ArcGIS Pro, I enabled editing and allowed only 'Update' function (I also try allowing both 'Add' and 'Update' but the result still the same)

MCh_0-1719226228924.png

Then I created EXB App and added Edit widget, my propose was to let user can only edit value in attribute but cannot delete the record.
However, no matter how many time I try setting the parameter or re-publishing the feature, it still can Delete the record!!

MCh_1-1719226725333.png

MCh_2-1719226897091.png

My college tested on the ArcGIS Enterprise with this Edit widget and it can enable just only 'Update' function button. But when she tested on another ArcGIS Online, the 'Delete' button still there no matter what....

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

If you are the data owner or have Administrator rights, you will always have the Delete option regardless of your choices in the Edit Widget options. Other users should not be able to see the Delete button.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
MCh
by
New Contributor III

I see, so that's the case...Thank you Jeffrey!

However, I still don't understand why it's been like this because I've already set on top of it in case I just don't want to accidently delete the record.
Like in this topic 'Edit' widget settings should not be overridden said from the second comment. 

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

This feature is "intentional".

I have an idea somewhere to remove this behaviour.... EDIT: Here it is. It isn't just "Delete", it's multiple features that EB ignores explicit settings for.