Loading a different layer on clicking an item in a list

01-30-2023 12:28 PM
tslack
by
New Contributor III

Hey there,

I have an app made in Experience Builder with a list of different businesses that are open during a road closure. Is it possible to click on a business from the list and have it load a separate polyline layer showing the temporary access to the business?

I can't figure out the best way to do this because I'd rather not show the accesses in for every closed business by default as it makes it busy/confusing. Ideally I'd like to click on the business and pan to it (which it does now) while showing the temp access polyline so when I click on a different business in the list it pans to it and only shows the access for that one.

Is this possible in experience builder or can someone suggest a way of accomplishing this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tslack
by
New Contributor III

Doesn't look like a lot of these get answered so I'll update my progress in the event someone ends up here from google.

In my case I have a points layer with multiple points and a line polyline with multiple lines going into the points. I want to click on an item in the list which pans to the point of that item and ONLY shows the line that goes to that particular point and hides all the other lines. I created a field in both the layers with the same values to associate them and in Experience Builder on the List Action tab I created a Map Filter matching the two fields together.

tslack_0-1675200284875.png

The only problem I still currently have is hiding the line layer upon the initial load of the app. I tried playing with filters like specifying an FID = 200 (which doesnt exist) which does hide the layer on load, but then the Map Filter actions dont work on click. So still back at the drawing board...

0 Kudos
NBC
by
New Contributor III

You could try creating a dummy record in your polyline dataset with no/hidden symbology then pointing to this in the 'View for Empty Selections' settings in the ExB data tab.

0 Kudos