EB on Enterprise Versus EB on Agol

Jump to solution
08-25-2022 03:12 AM
jonathanharte
New Contributor III

Hi, 

I'm new to experience builder so apologies in advance if the answer to my questions are  simple or obvious.

I have an Enterprise 10.8.1 so EB come bundled and I'm not planning on upgrading at the moment.  I have been doing the Campus EB training and  I'm not trying to produce my first EB app, but I have noticed some items different between the on premis and hosted environments. So hopefully its that the simply do not exist on the 10.8.1 release or I need to do some additional configuration ?  

* Add Data on Enterprise only has My Content, My Organization, Public  while Add Data on AGOL has  My Content, My Organization , ArcGIS Online, My groups     - So how can I access ArcGIS Online on premis ?

* When I add a webmap via Add Data and look at the layers I do not have access to toggle view on /off   whereas on AGOL hosted layer  i do ..  Did I miss something here ?

There are others (numerous) but the 2 items above are the required ones presently ..

Thanks in advance

Paulg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The version of EB that shipped with Enterprise 10.8.1 will be whatever was available at that time, whereas AGOL has the latest version of it. There's no way to manually upgrade EB without also upgrading your portal, but if you need all the latest and greatest tools, I would recommend getting started with the Developer Edition. It still lags behind AGOL, but usually only by a month or two.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The version of EB that shipped with Enterprise 10.8.1 will be whatever was available at that time, whereas AGOL has the latest version of it. There's no way to manually upgrade EB without also upgrading your portal, but if you need all the latest and greatest tools, I would recommend getting started with the Developer Edition. It still lags behind AGOL, but usually only by a month or two.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
jonathanharte
New Contributor III

Thanks Josh,    as I suspected .. but didn't want to second guess  as I thought there may have been a patch/release for EB on Enterprise that I didnt see..

Many thanks for your response, really helps.

Cheers

Paulg

0 Kudos
JeffBigos
Esri Contributor

Hi All, 

I wanted to add this help resource which outlines the different version numbers for ArcGIS Online and Enterprise:
https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/11.0/get-started/about-versions.htm 

Thanks, 

Jeff

0 Kudos