Dynamic Content Rounding

01-27-2021 06:44 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm using a text widget in Experience Builder and added a dynamic value.  The value in one case is -0.276.  I want to convert this to a percentage which typically entails multiplying it by 100.   The result becomes -27.63384185.

Can I round this to 1 decimal place in the expression box?   The Round function (thinking Arcade and Python) doesn't work.  I'm presuming the only functions that work are the ones listed in the tool (Average, count, sum, min, max).     How does one control the appearance of numbers in a calculation?   

Thanks

Brian

Tags (2)
17 Replies
ANesdoly
New Contributor II

Has the rounding of dynamic text been implemented and updated yet? If so how can I use this feature?

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@ANesdoly not yet. The March update is planned to be out this Wednesday PST.

0 Kudos
MichaelGaiggEsri
New Contributor III

Rounding is available in Experience Builder:

- connect your element (e.g. text) to data

- select the element, click the database icon to specify dynamic content and select "Expression" tab

- in the bottom left corner there is a gear icon that opens the "Number formatting" window, toggle it on and specify decimal places, to show thousands separator, and display unit

- select attribute and click insert button

GiulioMol
New Contributor II

I think this method is only for customizing use, not for use on portal

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

This capability is in ArcGIS Enterprise 11.0, released in July 2022.

WhitneyPatterson
New Contributor II

@Jianxia - any update on being able to round dynamic content in text widgets in Experience Builder?  Or any formatting of dynamic content? (IE being able to display the value of $145,321 as $145.3K).  Our EXBs look very messy.

BRogers92
New Contributor

What @MichaelGaiggEsri mentioned in his post in the most up-to-date way that I found. It is a little janky at times, but works as intended.

0 Kudos
GISAdmin39
New Contributor II

I'd love to be able to do this with statistics. I've got a chart widget that shows the sum of a category by percent, and  it gives me percent to 3 decimal places, which overlaps other values. 

0 Kudos