Does the Network Trace Widget support trace networks or just Utility networks?

11-15-2023 03:22 PM
Labels (1)
DrewDowling
Occasional Contributor III

I've migrated some geometric networks to Trace Networks in Pro 3.1. I've published them as feature services to our portal.

I would like to create an app in Experience Builder to allow field crews to run taces in the field. However, when I try to connect the widget with my web map that contains the published trace network, I get an error that the map does not support tracing the Utility Network.

Reading the documentation on the widget, it only mentions the Utility network and not the Trace network.

Is there support in this widget for trace networks and I have my map misconfigured? Is there an alternative widget I should be using?

4 Replies
VanessaSimps

Following! We have the same question and I can't find anything out there. 

0 Kudos
gis_KIWI4
Occasional Contributor

@DrewDowling  @VanessaSimps  - Looking at the website, it suggests the trace is available only for Utility Networks. All the examples I have seen it being used in were Utility Networks.
https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/latest/configure-widgets/widgets-overview.htm

gis_KIWI4_0-1700447439608.png

0 Kudos
DrewDowling

@gis_KIWI4Thanks for pointing that out. Since many of the trace operation REST endpoint parameters are common between the 2 I was hoping ESRI made them compatible.

Unfortunately, it looks like I'll have to code my own.

0 Kudos
VanessaSimps

I sent an email to the ExB team and this was the reply confirming. Sounds like we will have to go UN migration or custom development against the REST endpoint.

VanessaSimps_0-1700666650921.png