Select to view content in your preferred language

Does any of the Experience builder widgets support Image services?

01-26-2023 04:11 AM
Sil_
by
New Contributor III

I have a web map with an Image service (containing historical aerial photos) but I can't seem to get much use of it in Experience builder.

I especially wanted to use the Timeline widget, but have been told by my local Esri support that this widget cannot be used with an Image service. I've tried to work around this by using other widgets, but none of them seem to recognize the Image service in my map, specifically the List widget, the Text widget (using Connect to data function), the Table widget, the Filter widget, the Query widget and the Feature info widget. The Image service has a lot of useful data in its attribute table that I want to show in the app.

Am I doing something wrong or do I have to use Web AppBuilder, which seems to handle Image services without problems? I cannot see Image service mentioned in the Experience builder widgets' documentation.

The Image service I am using is password protected, but the url looks like this: 

https://services.geodataonline.no/arcgis/rest/services/Geomap_UTM33_EUREF89/GeomapBilder3/ImageServe...

Thanks in advance.

13 Replies
FabianMarthaler_80
New Contributor

We at the Swiss Federal Railways also support this. The Experience Builder should support Esri Imagery Layer as quickly as possible.

0 Kudos
DavidMcCorkindale1
New Contributor III

@FabianMarthaler_80 ESRI provide a roadmap of the product ArcGIS Experience Builder 2024 Roadmap (esri.com). According to this the "raster data source" should be delivered Q2 so assume we should see it by the end of next month.

0 Kudos
FabianMarthaler2
New Contributor II

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Raster support came out today.  I can now see my raster but cannot seem to do anything with it.  No popup comes up except randomly when I am clicking the layer list widget.  Select widget, feature info widget, and query widget does not seem to work on the raster either.

Time widget does not let me add the raster at all.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/latest/get-started/whats-new.htm 

Curious what others are seeing.  thanks

0 Kudos