Deploying custom widget to Portal

Jump to solution
04-30-2020 07:00 AM
MichaelWen
New Contributor II

I apologize for creating the same thread under Discussions but I'm unable to delete it.

I attempted to use this workflow to add a custom ArcGIS Experience Builder widget to our ArcGIS Enterprise Portal

Add custom widgets—Portal for ArcGIS | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise 

I got an error saying 'Invalid AppBuilder Extension. Verify that "Platform" is correctly defined'

Can custom widgets developed with ArcGIS Experience Builder Developer Edition be added to the Enterprise Portal using the same workflow as WAB widgets?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SimonSchütte_ct
Occasional Contributor III
17 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Michael,

Currently, this is not supported yet. We are working on a plan to support this in a future release. 

David

Bryande_Jesus1
New Contributor

Any updates on when this will be available? The Esri product lifecycle page shows the JavaScript 3.x API retiring in Aug 2022. WAB's product lifecycle seems to be synced JSAPI 3.x, so will this feature be in place for EB in Portal before then?

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Bryan,

We are working on this and it will be available in the next couple of releases.

David 

0 Kudos
JonasLeksell2
New Contributor III

Hi David,

Right now, it feels like Esri have dropt a half-finished product on to the market. In relation to webapp builder, it also seems to be missing lots of widget functions. Can just be that I am understanding configuration of webapps in this tool wrong.

Next couple of releases you say, can you be somewhat more precise. As we primarily work with the Portal for ArcGIS we like to know in what version of Portal we can expect to have the ability to create custom widgets? 10.9.1? 2022? Will there be some way to update only the Experiense builder to get the latest abilities?

Jonas

0 Kudos
Grant-S-Carroll
Esri Contributor

Hi David

Just checking if there any updates on this one. I know it been on the backlog, just wondering if there is a targetted release version of enterprise.

Thanks

0 Kudos
wolfvincent
New Contributor III

Same question here: will this be possible in version 10.9?

0 Kudos
milesleeaus
New Contributor II

Hi guys, I just proposed a step-by-step solution last week to deploy the whole customised widgets App of ArcGIS Experience Builder on ArcGIS Portal directly (not just "add an item", but put and use the customised widgets on Portal Directly). Before ArcGIS proposes the ultimate solution you could use this to deploy your whole ArcGIS Experience Builder with customised widgets on ArcGIS Portal Enterprise.

So far no other internet resources talking about this small trick (100% innovative and it works), really want to share this with every Experience Builder Customised Widgets Developer, please take a look on my video, if not working, just come back and blame me. Please share this to your Esri community, and don't forget click like and subscribe if you think it's useful thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDN7rr5259w 

rachelm
New Contributor III

Thanks @milesleeaus - I watched the video and took notes.  At the end I don't quite understand how this is different from registering a developed app and simply referring to it in the redirect url.  What I'd want is to deploy the widget of the Layers list into a web experience, without the rest of the app wrapping it.

0 Kudos
Grant-S-Carroll
Esri Contributor

Its on the road map, but is not available to my knowledge at 10.9.1, refer to this link to see the 2022 roadmap. https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-blog/experience-builder-2022-roadmap-and-bey...