Deploying custom widget to Portal

Jump to solution
04-30-2020 07:00 AM
MichaelWen
New Contributor II

I apologize for creating the same thread under Discussions but I'm unable to delete it.

I attempted to use this workflow to add a custom ArcGIS Experience Builder widget to our ArcGIS Enterprise Portal

Add custom widgets—Portal for ArcGIS | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise 

I got an error saying 'Invalid AppBuilder Extension. Verify that "Platform" is correctly defined'

Can custom widgets developed with ArcGIS Experience Builder Developer Edition be added to the Enterprise Portal using the same workflow as WAB widgets?

17 Replies
milesleeaus
New Contributor II

Hi, this is the temporary solution, the difference is that when you turn on the experience builder app, it just shows the real app outside directly, you don't need to click on the url link to the foreign application. But there is still no solution lie webappbuilder, to hang the widget and let all applications on line use it freely. Esri said the solution will come late this year or early next year.

0 Kudos
mileslee_esri
New Contributor II

Hi Rachelm, hope you issue had been solved regarding how to deploy the widgets, any question you could contact me via my working email:  mlee@esriaustralia.com.au

0 Kudos
MichaelWen_Timmons
New Contributor III

Is there an update on this? Can custom EB widgets be deployed now?

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

We just wanted to update you the status on this feature. Starting with ArcGIS Enterprise 11, you will be able to add Experience Builder custom widgets in ArcGIS Enterprise to extend the builder similar to what you do with Web AppBuilder custom widgets. ArcGIS Enterprise 11 is planned to be available in July. Thank you all for your input!

mileslee_esri
New Contributor II

That's a really good news, we could say good bye to WAB after so many years ~~ (but we still thanks WAB for the previous sucessful projects)

SimonSchütte_ct
Occasional Contributor III
Grant-S-Carroll
Esri Contributor

I have created a blog post which describes a workflow using Azure DevOps to publish to ArcGIS Enterprise and keep the widgets updated for anyone that may be interested.

https://www.spatial-innovation.co.nz/post/creating-and-distributing-esri-custom-widgets-part-3

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@Grant-S-Carroll - thanks for sharing!

0 Kudos