Select to view content in your preferred language

Customizing icon colour for Widgets Within Widget Controller

04-03-2024 05:18 AM
Labels (2)
Remya_Ravikumar
New Contributor II

Hi,
The client has a specific color requirement for widgets inside which are provided within the widget controller.
Widget SVG Icon:  Is there a possibility to change the color of individual widgets inside the widget controller.

Remya_Ravikumar_0-1712146499764.png

This is what was obtained from experience builder as you can see all widgets have same color.
But I want the icons to be as below.

Remya_Ravikumar_1-1712146548985.png

This was achieved using web app builder.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

The background color of these icons is not independently changeable. The icon color itself can be changed. https://community.esri.com/t5/experience-builder-tips-and-tricks/changing-the-icons-and-titles-of-wi...

Another possible solution is to put each widget in its own Widget Controller.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
PGebhardt_Stone_Env
New Contributor III

@JeffreyThompson2 I am trying to make my widget controller buttons look the same as the map buttons (like home_button.PNG). In my map, when I hover over or click on a button, the icon changes color. I like how that looks, but when I try to change that for my widget controller buttons, I can't change the icon color with a hover or select, only the background or text (like map_layers.PNG). Am I missing something or is this functionality just not available?

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

The icon colors cannot be changed on hover/select.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
OsayabaOdaro
New Contributor II

@PGebhardt_Stone_Env I think the answer to what you are saying has already been covered in this earlier link - Custom Widget Button & Widget Title Bar Colors in ... - Esri Community

The answer in the link is that there are 2 quick methods-

Method #1: Edit the theme.

Method #2: Edit the Widget Controller.

In the Widget Controller settings, go to Advanced and set the color as desired. You can choose different colors for default, selected and hover, so the button will react to user interaction. 

0 Kudos