Select to view content in your preferred language

Custom mobile app layout changes desktop layout

Wednesday
Labels (1)
MayaFleagle
New Contributor II

Hello Experience Builder Community,

I am having trouble making a separate mobile layout in the Experience Builder. When I try to edit the custom mobile layout, any edits I make also update the desktop layout.

This is my desktop layout:

MayaFleagle_0-1724864886734.png

This is my custom mobile layout:

MayaFleagle_1-1724864933827.png

This is my desktop layout after editing my custom mobile layout:

MayaFleagle_2-1724864967594.png

Does anyone have thoughts on why this is happening?

Thank you!

Maya

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you following the instructions from documentation page "Refine layers for all devices"?

To create a separate layout for a medium- or small-screen device, click the Custom button next to the layout of the page or window. Then you can manually arrange and resize widgets and windows for the selected screen device. To remove a widget or screen group from a small device layout, click the Move to the pending list button on its toolbar. This removes the widget or screen group from the canvas of the current device and saves its configuration in case you need to add it back to the layout. Once you enable the custom layout option, if any other widgets are added to other device modes, they aren't added to the current device. You can manually add them from the Pending tab in the Insert widget panel.

0 Kudos
MayaFleagle
New Contributor II

I have tried to follow the instructions from the documentation page. As seen in the second photo, I selected the custom editing view. After clicking the "Custom" button, I arranged the widgets manually. After that, I went to view the large-screen layout and my heading text had shrunk to the size of the text in my small-screen layout (shown in the last photo). It seems any changes I make to the small-screen layout also change the other layouts, though I have been editing in the "Custom" mode.

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MayaFleagle ,

Are you using the same button widgets in your mobile layout? If so, the widget settings will be synchronized across all screen devices. You can duplicate the layout widget where the button is in and move the original layout widget to the pending list.

Regards,

Shengdi

0 Kudos