Select to view content in your preferred language

Custom images for bookmarks no longer available??

Jump to solution
03-20-2024 05:49 AM
Labels (1)
CameronAndrew
Emerging Contributor

It seems that the ability to customize Experience Builder bookmarks with uploaded images has vanished. Not sure if this is directly related to the recent AGOL update, but I noticed it for the first time yesterday. My existing bookmark images, which I added some weeks back, are still there, but I have no way to modify them or to create a new bookmark that contains an image.  I can only manually set a map extent which then acts as the boomark's thumbnail. Are others finding this? Was this an intentional change? Would love to know if there is something I am missing!

Thanks in advance for any help/insight!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GL_GIS
by
Emerging Contributor

It is still not fixed 😞

It is really hard to find the exact pixel to open the menu.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @CameronAndrew ,

Thanks for your feedback. But unfortunately, we cannot reproduce the problem you are seeing. Did you see the "Custom" option for the bookmark image source when you click on a bookmark item? 

WeiYing1_0-1711071905133.jpeg

If you are still seeing this problem, could you share your application to us for further investigation? 

Thanks,

Wei

0 Kudos
CameronAndrew
Emerging Contributor

Hello, @WeiYing1 .

I do not see the "Custom" option any longer. When I click a bookmark, it simply enables the text box to edit the name of the bookmark, or I can click the map icon (as I have in the screenshot below), which allows me to set the map extent.

CameronAndrew_1-1711110465043.png

WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

@CameronAndrew can you click in the middle of an bookmark item from the list? You should be able to expand the image setting of a bookmark

WeiYing1_0-1711687563908.jpeg

0 Kudos
CameronAndrew
Emerging Contributor

Thanks so much @WeiYing1 . That 'works', but it is extremely glitchy and inconsistent in its functionality. Sometimes I can get to it with a single click, other times I have to click what seems like 15 times before it finally stays open.

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks a lot for your feedback. We will try to improve the UX. 

0 Kudos
GL_GIS
by
Emerging Contributor

It is still not fixed 😞

It is really hard to find the exact pixel to open the menu.

NusratFatema1
Occasional Contributor

I don't see the Custom option either. My app is heavily depended on these bookmark picture.  Is there a workaround?

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

@NusratFatema1 Thanks for reaching out. This custom image option is still available, but has UX bug to trigger it. We are working on fix it and will be available for the coming November release. 

L77
by
Frequent Contributor

I just wanted to add to the thread that it isn't showing up for me either, but I clicked CTRL minus on my window and then clicked all over the place inside of the bookmark name box and it finally showed up.

As a side note I think I would rather use text for my bookmarks instead of images but I don't know if that is an option to just remove the image altogether.

0 Kudos