Creating Map Failed Error

Jump to solution
01-16-2024 11:47 AM
Labels (1)
JoshBillings
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I have a web application created using Experience Builder. All of a sudden, a user is experiencing a "Creating Map Failed" message when try to access the web application. The user has been using this application for the past couple months with no issue. We have tried clearing the browsing data/cache with no luck. A screenshot of the browser error can be found below.

I (the creator of the experience builder) can access this web application with no issues and it doesn't seem to affect any other users.

JoshBillings_0-1705434170556.png

JoshBillings_1-1705434197191.png

Thanks,
Josh

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Most likely the issue has to do with the sharing settings on the webmap. Make sure that the webmap is shared publicly, to the organization, or with the correct groups, whatever is appropriate for your application and that the user has the correct credentials to view it.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Most likely the issue has to do with the sharing settings on the webmap. Make sure that the webmap is shared publicly, to the organization, or with the correct groups, whatever is appropriate for your application and that the user has the correct credentials to view it.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
JoshBillings
Occasional Contributor II

Wow, I feel silly, that's exactly what it was. Thanks @JeffreyThompson2 !

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

I've seen the error because I've done it before, more than once.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
AlexErnst_IDPR
New Contributor III

Having same issue with a random user, in Chrome only (but functions okay in Edge on same PC). App is public. 
What would be the approach to diagnosing this on a single PC when the issue is with Chrome only?

App https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/97a42a2a73c944ba918042faf518c689

App frame renders but the map (widget) will not render, and none of the several various widget buttons and Search dialog will render.

AlexErnst_IDPR_0-1713287188805.png

0 Kudos
samc-gis
New Contributor II

Any update on this? Experiencing the same issue where I have an experience shared publicly and the customers are getting the "creating map failed" error but the app frame renders. I've tested opening the experience in multiple different environments with various browsers and they all work for me, but it won't work for the customers no matter what browser they use. I've followed all Esri documentation for the issue and still no change.

0 Kudos
AliciaMcMurchie1
New Contributor III

Are the browser versions up-to-date? 

0 Kudos
AliciaMcMurchie1
New Contributor III

Updating browser version resolved this issue for a few users at my agency. 

0 Kudos