Select to view content in your preferred language

Creating Map Failed Error - ArcGIS Experience

05-27-2024 12:23 PM
Labels (1)
samc-gis
Emerging Contributor

Hello!

I have set up a public ArcGIS Experience on my company's AGOL for a particular client. Both of the users on the client end were experiencing issues where the widgets and header would load when they go to the link to the Experience, and they were getting the "creating map failed" error.

I had a meeting with them today and the issue was resolved for one of the users, but one of them is still experiencing the same issue. The only other post describing a similar issue was resolved by updating the sharing settings, but this does not apply here as one of the users is able to view the web app anonymously.

I've attached a screenshot of the console log from the user experiencing the issues. Is anyone from Esri able to provide some insight regarding why this issue is occurring? The user who is no longer experiencing issues did say that there was a Mimecast window that appeared when opening the link, and then it opened correctly. Apparently this window did not open before and they were getting the error so could this potentially be the issue? The user experiencing issues would also have Mimecast installed and stated that the window does not appear and then they get the error.

Please let me know if I need to go back to the user and get them to export the entire console log, or if what I have provided is enough to identify the cause of the issue.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimWestern
Frequent Contributor

There are multiple errors in that stack trace.

The window.require one likely indicates that something tried to load, and failed likely because of some context not existing at the time it would normally load.  I ran into one of those recently, but I seem to remember a problem with imports being to blame.  (If its a custom widget, make sure the manifest version is not newer than the EXB version on server is one thing that's easy to check)

The dataSource not loading, is likely an artifact of how EXB handles DataSources.  Either no setting in the app has been applied to that data source and saved, or in the case of a custom widget, it may be defined, but not loading from the app running (vs dashboard editing) side.  In this case, when I've experienced this recently, I had to create code that would loop through useDataSources to ensure everyone had a corresponding DataSourceConnection element on the page for it to bind to.  (I might have had to do a dummy access of each DataSource too to make sure it worked before rendering completed too.)

If that's part of it, its because EXB doesn't auto load all DataSources when the widget loads in question loads.  (This is different than how WebApp Builder used to work... Notice this breaking change in 1.12 (search for DataSource heading https://developers.arcgis.com/experience-builder/guide/1.12/whats-new/)

Now the other thing I notice is an issue with findOAuthInfo, which seems to indicate either an inability to find the server where oAuth is pointing att, or unable to auth to it.  If the map is behind a login, that could play a role maybe.    (I'm wondering why the last error on that page, the url for main.css for dark is failing though, are they running any script blockers that might be preventing those from loading?)

0 Kudos
JoeSchell
New Contributor

Did you ever find a solution for this?

I am experiencing the same problem. My JavaScript stack trace looks just like yours and I cannot get maps to show up in my ArcGIS Experience. The maps seem to be the only thing that cause issue, and the experience builder tells me they are inaccessible, although I have them set to public sharing and sharing with all groups in my organization.

0 Kudos
AliciaMcMurchie1
Occasional Contributor

Have you tried updating the browser version? That resolved the issue for those experiencing it at my agency. 

0 Kudos
TimWestern
Frequent Contributor

Another option is to add a method that accesses all the data sources from useDataSources on props and then renders a DataSourceComponent somewhere that it can hook into in the DOM.

0 Kudos