Select to view content in your preferred language

Creating a Page Using Custon Graphics is Causing Color Issues

a month ago
Labels (1)
Gregger
New Contributor

Hi All. I've been trying to create a page using a ton of custom graphics given to me by a Graphic Arts Company. I've been exporting the graphics as pngs, uploading them and inserting them as images widgets which I will eventually use to create links to other pages and dashboards. Two questions:

1. As there are many images, I wonder if there's a workaround to somehow bring them in as a large, single grouped image, and then create the links afterward in EB.  Or do I have to onerously create and upload every graphic individually and insert them into my page as Image Widgets.
  2. For whatever reason, I don't seem to see certain colors under the text formatting theme colors. I can't even select white for my page background color. I've even tried typing in the hex value for white, which ends up making the text grey.  This also happens with certain color selections for text. Some work, others don't change anything. Does anyone else have this issue. Seems like a bug to me. 
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Gregger ,

You can batch upload your images to ArcGIS Online. Please see this post for information on how to do so using a Python script: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-online-questions/how-do-i-batch-upload-images-to-agol/td-p/3440...

The script also lets you get the item ID for each uploaded image. You can then generate a sharing link for each using the item ID. The linking structure will be something like: https://<your org>.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/items/<itemID>/data

You can add all the generated links to a feature table. This will allow you to include the image references in a data source that can be used in Experience Builder.

Regarding the second question, there should be a white color in the standard colors, can you try that?

ShengdiZhang_0-1717393975022.png

Thanks,

Shengdi

0 Kudos
Gregger
New Contributor

Thanks Shengdi. 

I've been away, so didn't see your message until now. The script might be useful going forward, so thanks. But for some reason, I don't have a full palette of color options (white) when I try and modify Fonts or backgrounds. This Experience Builder App also resides on our internal Enterprise/Portal/Geo-X (or whatever it's called now) servers, not AGOL. So perhaps that has something to do with it?

Gregger_0-1718126950439.png

0 Kudos