Select to view content in your preferred language

Create App that allows different groups of users to edit fields relevant to their group only

08-05-2024 01:58 AM
GISNCC
by
Emerging Contributor

Hi,

I need to create an app which allows up to 10 groups submit their feedback on some projects.

I have a polygon feature class which has various project polygon areas and attributes with details about the projects.  I want different external community groups to be able to see the projects in an app and submit if they want more information about the projects or not.  I am thinking via an editor widget in Experience Builder.  I have set up 10 attributes in my project polygon feature class called Engagement_group1, Engagement_group2 etc.  I then want group one to be able to edit Engagement_group1 with their thoughts.  And group two to be able to edit the field called Engagement_group2 for example.   I am not sure how to do this without creating 10 different apps.  (An editor app for each group with privileges to edit their specific field).  

Any cleaner ways to do this?  Thanks, 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@GISNCC You might be able to setup hosted feature layer views for each group, only displaying the field they are allowed to edit, and share each view in a different Group where members can be part of their respective Group based on what field they'll be bale to edit. Make sure to make the layer view editable.

You can add all the layer views to one same web map, add the web map to an application with the Edit widget. Connect the widget to all layer views.

Then share that web map and app with all Groups. Users should only be able to edit the data for the layer view that was shared within their Group when they open the app.

0 Kudos
GISNCC
by
Emerging Contributor

Hi, Thanks so much @AlixVezina for your reply and suggestion.  I did have a go with that but not too keen on the access error that comes up for my users when there isn't technically an error, it's just they don't have access to all the layers.  Is there a way around this?

GISNCC_1-1723279744332.png

My "group 1" editor user would get this error as they can't see the group2 editable view layer for example.  They can click ignore but all my users will be getting this error as they won't be able to see all the layers in the web app.  The error keeps coming up with every refresh so difficult to make a polished product with this method.  Any ideas?  Thanks heaps.  It is greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos