Select to view content in your preferred language

CORS for location widget

Jump to solution
07-09-2024 12:03 PM
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

This just started happening, but the convert location widget is causing CORS issues. This happening for anyone else?

Everything was fine this morning, but then all of a sudden...

abureaux_0-1720551788519.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

I just got off the phone with Esri. This appears to be a bug. They are investigating now. Essentially, the convert widget is sending reverse geocoding requests with mouse movement, which is triggering DDOS protections which results in the errors. This behaviour is of course not intended.

EDIT: I will post any additional info the provide here. However, short-term fix was simply "remove convert widget". Also, please be aware that reverse geocoding is an expensive operation, and sending this may requests isn't advised (this may impact AGO users more).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimWestern
Frequent Contributor

That looks like the Network tab, if you go over to the console you probably have some messages there that have additional information that might help making sense of what exactly needs reconfigured.

(You might also click on a request and see its HTTP Request and HTTP Response for some additional visibility as well)

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

I just got off the phone with Esri. This appears to be a bug. They are investigating now. Essentially, the convert widget is sending reverse geocoding requests with mouse movement, which is triggering DDOS protections which results in the errors. This behaviour is of course not intended.

EDIT: I will post any additional info the provide here. However, short-term fix was simply "remove convert widget". Also, please be aware that reverse geocoding is an expensive operation, and sending this may requests isn't advised (this may impact AGO users more).

0 Kudos