Connect to multiple sources via Survey widget

06-19-2023 06:36 AM
WhitneyWeber
Occasional Contributor

The Survey widget in Experience Builder only allows a Connection to a single data source, which is limiting. In my example, we want the user to be able to select multiple states or counties but these are in separate data sources. So, we either need the ability to connect to multiple data sources or combine those into a single source which could be filtered according to a survey response (i.e. county or state). I do not see a way to do either of these in the current Survey widget. Is there a way this could be achieved?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kara_Shindle
Occasional Contributor III

Do the county or state lists HAVE to be in another layer?

Because you could probably do this a few ways:

1. Using arcade, auto-populate the attribute using map viewer to look up intersecting polygon

2. Use pulldata() function to populate dropdowns with an external CSV file via Survey123 Connect

JasminePrater
Occasional Contributor II

Being able to select multiple features in a single survey is one of those issues I see pop up a lot on the Community, as we are also in need of this capability.  Unfortunately, I have yet to see any resolution for this issue.  I believe it has been suggested at least once on the Esri recommendation list.

Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @WhitneyWeber ,

Thanks for the suggestions. If possible could you please describe your use case in details, and we will consider your use case while we plan the feature.

I am not sure if I get your correctly, do you have the county of different states in separate layers, and you want to select the county from different layers?

Thanks,

Ruth

0 Kudos