Select to view content in your preferred language

Conditionally displaying text content in the text widget

Jump to solution
11-09-2023 04:14 AM
Sven_Harpering
Esri Contributor

Hello everyone,

as part of a project, the question arose as to whether it was possible to link the content of the text widget to a condition. Here is a concrete example: There is a data table linked to the text widget. In addition, a trigger is activated. If a person selects a feature from the list widget, a value for the selected feature is pulled from a specific column in the data table and displayed in the text widget. The text looks clean if there is a value for the feature in the column. E.g. "The value is: 0". Here the text "The value is: " is static. The number behind it is dynamic, taken from the selected feature. If there is no number and the value in the data table is "Null", then there is only the text "The value is: ". We would then like to have an alternative text there, for example "This feature does not have a corresponding value.". Can such an approach currently be implemented with the Experience Builder?

Best

Sven

Passionate about GIS and on the journey as an instructor for analytical insights.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

No. Experience Builder doesn't support Arcade, which is what would be needed to do this. You can do this in ArcGIS Dashboards though. 

- Jen

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

No. Experience Builder doesn't support Arcade, which is what would be needed to do this. You can do this in ArcGIS Dashboards though. 

- Jen
Sven_Harpering
Esri Contributor

@JenniferAcunto, thanks for your answer.

Passionate about GIS and on the journey as an instructor for analytical insights.
0 Kudos
HollyTorpey_LSA
Occasional Contributor III

@JenniferAcunto Do you know if there is a plan for Experience Builder to support Arcade in the future?

- Holly
0 Kudos
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

I don't know. I'm not in development, so I tend to find out about new stuff through the blogs just like everyone else 🤣

- Jen
0 Kudos