Select to view content in your preferred language

Chart Widget Unable to Customize Graph Colors

07-24-2024 10:08 AM
Labels (1)
JustinH
Occasional Contributor

This could be more of an idea rather than a question but I figured I would pose it as a question first. I am creating a "dashboard" in EB because you can make them look way cleaner and a lot less.... Windows 95. However, some of the chart configurations seem to be limiting. 

I want to color the "Carbon Flux by Region" Graph to match the other graphs. Unfortunately, you are unable to choose custom colors unless you use the "Split By Field". When I do a split by the Region, it breaks the chart, which makes sense. 

I am just wondering if I am doing something wrong in my setting to allow this customization. If I do use the Split By Field, it does give me what I want but the chart gets super funky, not aligning the data with the category, and then when I go to change the colors, the HEX box seems to be broken. My data has two fields of Region so I use Category = Region and Split by = area (same thing) and it gets out of control. 

Any help is appreciated.

1. How I want my graph to look but instead with a color scheme that matches the map and "By Forest Type" graph.

JustinH_0-1721836324270.png

2. The configuration of the Carbon Flux by Region Graph. (Green Bars)

JustinH_1-1721836394526.png

3. What happens when I use the Split by Field. Notice the bars not aligning. Also sorting by Value does not work correctly but I am assuming the Split by really makes things interesting. Does allow Series Customization but when I change the Colors using a custom HEX code, it does not accept, this continues to occur when I refresh the browser too.

JustinH_2-1721836666399.png

4. The configuration setting for above graph. 

JustinH_3-1721836746085.png

5. Formating the series, and inputting a custom HEX code that will not update the color chart. Wondering if it is a bug or the split-by field just REALLY screws some things up.

JustinH_4-1721836818022.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

@JustinH thanks for your feedback! 

Currently we only support to customize the color for each series.

you are unable to choose custom colors unless you use the "Split By Field" 

This is because with splitting, multiple series are generated. So you can customize color for each series. 
For bar/column chart with only one series, we currently does not support customize for each category. We will try to enhance in future. 

Thanks,
Wei

0 Kudos