Select to view content in your preferred language

Changing filters with URL parameters

Jump to solution
08-17-2023 08:09 AM
Labels (1)
JamesTurner2
New Contributor III

I'm working on an experience builder app that will use url parameters to filter the data sources in the app. The app will be used for outside groups to review some point data. The groups will be provided with a link to the app and the url parameters will filter the data sources so that users only see data relevant to them. There is a web map in the app which displays the data. 

I have gotten the url parameters working. Is there a way to prevent someone from seeing all of the data if they delete the url parameters? The data is sensitive, I don't want someone to be able to expose all of the data in the sources, only the data that the url parameters filter.

Could I use the embed widget to construct a web map with url parameters that uses the filtered data from the experience builder app?

I thought I might be able to set up filters on the data source tab which would hide all of the data (ex. objectID is blank), but the data_filter url parameters don't appear to override those. So even with url parameters, nothing appears in the app.

I tried the solution mentioned here but it doesn't work for the same reason listed above.

Any ideas if there is a solution here?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

Hi @PaulLohr, Map-related URL parameters are under development and will be released incrementally. You will be able to see some URL parameters in the upcoming online release. Thanks!

Shen Zhang
0 Kudos