Select to view content in your preferred language

Cannot figure out how populate new Section Views in Experience Builder

Jump to solution
10 hours ago
Labels (1)
AmandaP
New Contributor

I created an Experience Builder app using the tab template. The template comes with a pre-made Section with several views, including Legend and Map Layer views. I am trying to add another view that shows basic information about the app/organization using a text widget. I was able to add the view no problem, but I cannot figure out how to add a widget to the view labeled Information.

Here is the current page setup: 

Screenshot 2024-09-10 143129.png

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

You might be able to go into live view and then click on the view you want to edit. When you go out of live view it stays on the last item you clicked there. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

First of all, since you started with a Template. You probably need to unlock the layout. It's in the top bar by the screen size picker.

JeffreyThompson2_2-1725994458052.png

Navigating to the correct View in a Section can be a little tricky. Here's what I think may be the easiest way to do it. In the Page Sidebar, click on the Section. This should bring up a black bar over the Section. Now use the arrow keys on the black bar to get to the right View.

JeffreyThompson2_1-1725994102103.png

Once the View is selected, you should be able to drop in any widget you would like.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
AmandaP
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply! 

My layout is unlocked. 

When I click on the sidebar on the main part of the screen, it activates the Views Navigation rather than the Section and I cannot figure out how to activate it that way. When I click on the Section under the Page Sidebar, it doesn't activate the black bar you mentioned.

Screenshot 2024-09-10 151950.png

0 Kudos
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

You might be able to go into live view and then click on the view you want to edit. When you go out of live view it stays on the last item you clicked there. 

0 Kudos
AmandaP
New Contributor

I think that did it! Thank you!!

0 Kudos