Select to view content in your preferred language

Cannot edit submitted surveys on Web Experience Builder through the edit widget

Jump to solution
a month ago
Labels (1)
janine_mapss
Occasional Contributor

Hi all! I have a hosted feature layer where I have uploaded cleaned historic data to. This data was not submitted through Survey123 but rather appended through ArcGIS Pro. I have now submitted some surveys as test data through survey123 as this is how the client will be collecting data moving forward.

I have created a Web Experience Builder App where the surveys can be edited. It is quite simple - just a map, a table and an edit widget. I have discovered that I am able to edit the historic data records no problem but if I change something in a field for a newly submitted survey and click update, nothing happens. Same thing if I try to edit in the table, whatever change I make reverts back immediately and will not save. 

I have also created an instant manager app for the same purpose and if I try to edit a newly submitted survey and click update, it says 'edits could not be saved: error'. There are no problems with the historic data.

I can edit the newly submitted surveys through the survey123 no problem but I need to be able to lock certain fields and have the client be able to edit certain fields through a data manager type app.

All of the individual fields are editable on the feature layer itself and all of the fields are set to editable in the Web Experience Builder settings. 

I have attached a screenshot of the editing settings for the feature layer as well.

I'm stumped, any ideas would be very appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
janine_mapss
Occasional Contributor

It turned out the problem was in the survey form itself.

In the xls form, I had a field with a link to edit the survey form itself.  When I remove this field, the problem is solved.

This must be a bug. A colleague is having the same issue with their survey forms as well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Check your choice lists against the layer lists. If you're submitting new data with values not in the list, it will work, but fail layer in Web Map editing as the attributes (domain list values) will be invalid.

0 Kudos
janine_mapss
Occasional Contributor

Apologies if this is a stupid question but what do you mean by layer lists?

I cannot submit new data with values not in the list as they are selected from a set list in the survey form.

0 Kudos
janine_mapss
Occasional Contributor

It turned out the problem was in the survey form itself.

In the xls form, I had a field with a link to edit the survey form itself.  When I remove this field, the problem is solved.

This must be a bug. A colleague is having the same issue with their survey forms as well.

0 Kudos