Select to view content in your preferred language

Can the widget icon shapes color be changed?

Jump to solution
yesterday
AdamGebhart
Occasional Contributor III

I'd like what is in white to be the same green as the background fill (widget controller shown here).  This was doable in WAB via CSS. 

AdamGebhart_0-1723060340173.png AdamGebhart_1-1723060383148.png

I was able to update the color via the Firefox developer tools.  I can see where the change likely needs to occur in config.json but the few things I've tried haven't worked.

AdamGebhart_2-1723060732863.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdamGebhart

Below is an update as I'm pretty sure I found how to do this.

1) Click the widget icon.

AdamGebhart_0-1723142024300.png

2) The icons windows opens.  Look in the bottom left and you will see the icon image.  In the lower right is a color picker.  Click the color picker.

AdamGebhart_1-1723142148549.png

3) I chose my current primary color.  The image in the lower left updates to reflect that color.

AdamGebhart_2-1723142212220.png

4) Close the window.  The widget icon color is now updated to match the background color of my Widget Controller.  Note that this color did not apply to the Map Layers, so that will need to be done separately.

AdamGebhart_3-1723142338096.png

Note:  I also posted these steps here > https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/how-can-i-change-a-custom-icon-wit....

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

From what I see you can only change the background color (the yellow in your example) not the picture (the white). When it comes to code I am not sure. It would be nice to be able to change this out of the box though. 

0 Kudos
kaifeiji
New Contributor III

Hear say that DE1.16 will includes this feature: change icon color.

0 Kudos
AdamGebhart

@Laura& @kaifeiji 

Thanks for the responses.  Let's hope that will be included in 1.16.

0 Kudos
AdamGebhart

Below is an update as I'm pretty sure I found how to do this.

1) Click the widget icon.

AdamGebhart_0-1723142024300.png

2) The icons windows opens.  Look in the bottom left and you will see the icon image.  In the lower right is a color picker.  Click the color picker.

AdamGebhart_1-1723142148549.png

3) I chose my current primary color.  The image in the lower left updates to reflect that color.

AdamGebhart_2-1723142212220.png

4) Close the window.  The widget icon color is now updated to match the background color of my Widget Controller.  Note that this color did not apply to the Map Layers, so that will need to be done separately.

AdamGebhart_3-1723142338096.png

Note:  I also posted these steps here > https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/how-can-i-change-a-custom-icon-wit....

Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Awesome, I never noticed that before, thanks for pointing it out! Worked for me as well. 

0 Kudos