Can I Select A Line Feature and A Point Feature At The Same Time With A Common Attribute

Jump to solution
06-06-2022 12:16 PM
GRmapper
Occasional Contributor

Hello Folks,

Assuming I have a layer of points and a layer of lines of which a point and a line each share a common attribute called "Name".  Can I make a single filter selection ie Name = Anytown and show the point and the line at the same time? I assume all the feature data must be in a Web Map in AGOL.

Thanks,

GR

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RayburnClipper
New Contributor III

Well I think that is a good idea, I have seen quite a few options for the query widget.  I am just starting to use EB and find it a bit awkward.  I am having trouble finding the tool to use to select features on the map.  I have a support call in about an hour, i might squeeze your question in and see what he says

Ray

Government - If you think the problems we create are bad, just wait until you see our solutions.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RayburnClipper
New Contributor III

Hey GR, Have you been able to make a selection on the map itself via a polygon? or you are using the query widget?

Government - If you think the problems we create are bad, just wait until you see our solutions.
0 Kudos
GRmapper
Occasional Contributor
Hello RayburnClipper,
In my situation I have a road that goes to a city (1&2) on each end. I could also have another road that shares the position of one of the cities but goes off to a third city. 
If I select the name of road #1 I’d also like the two cities associated with that road name also selected. If I select the name of road #2 I’d like the shared city node and the third city node selected. 
I have done a relate so each city knows if it’s associated with more than one road and which ones. 
I’m thinking a query widget would make sense assuming if I select road name, then any feature with a same attribute for road name would get selected. 
At least that’s my plan. 
Greg
0 Kudos
RayburnClipper
New Contributor III

Well I think that is a good idea, I have seen quite a few options for the query widget.  I am just starting to use EB and find it a bit awkward.  I am having trouble finding the tool to use to select features on the map.  I have a support call in about an hour, i might squeeze your question in and see what he says

Ray

0 Kudos
GRmapper
Occasional Contributor
That would be great! I’ve been using EB a bit and I suspect we are following similar paths. It does get a bit easier and there are huge opportunities now and hopefully developing in the future. 
0 Kudos