Can Experience Builder Update / Refresh the data of a Web Map after new data is added?

Jump to solution
07-11-2021 08:44 PM
RYANCARL
New Contributor III

Hello all,

Hopefully someone can help answer my question that I have about the way Experience Builder uses the Web Map data.

If Someone adds a new data source to the Web Map after the Experience Builder has published the experience will it update the map with the new data source? From what I am seeing the answer is no... is there a reason for this or is there a workaround to refresh the web map and have the new data added to the layer list?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanMcDougall
Occasional Contributor III

@RYANCARL 

The answer for this, for me, is yes it will. 

Where are you not seeing the update? If you're working in ExpB, you'll of course have to hit refresh. If you're viewing the published ExpB, then the likes of a legend is updated as you refresh the page.

I've just added this;

JonathanMcDougall_0-1626062966921.png

Giving an updated ExpB of

JonathanMcDougall_1-1626062998958.png

In ExpB itself, once you've either refreshed the page or just opened it back up for editing;

JonathanMcDougall_2-1626063041671.png

For me, everything works as I would expect. 

From your side of things, when you notice a new layer added to a web map, what are you seeing and what's your "refresh" process?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JonathanMcDougall
Occasional Contributor III

@RYANCARL 

The answer for this, for me, is yes it will. 

Where are you not seeing the update? If you're working in ExpB, you'll of course have to hit refresh. If you're viewing the published ExpB, then the likes of a legend is updated as you refresh the page.

I've just added this;

JonathanMcDougall_0-1626062966921.png

Giving an updated ExpB of

JonathanMcDougall_1-1626062998958.png

In ExpB itself, once you've either refreshed the page or just opened it back up for editing;

JonathanMcDougall_2-1626063041671.png

For me, everything works as I would expect. 

From your side of things, when you notice a new layer added to a web map, what are you seeing and what's your "refresh" process?

0 Kudos
RYANCARL
New Contributor III

Hi @JonathanMcDougall ,

Thanks for responding. I am using the experience Builder developer edition and I was unable to see the map update with a new data source. 

The environment that I work in is very locked down so about 10 minutes ago we had to stop developing until the morning. So in the morning I will send a video over to show you what I am seeing. Hopefully you can answer my question about what's going on.

0 Kudos
RYANCARL
New Contributor III

Looks like it was a cache issue for me. Thanks for the help