Bookmark widget navigation arrows not working

Jump to solution
10-19-2020 09:56 AM
StefanieWenker
Occasional Contributor

I have been creating this app in experience builder that uses the bookmark widget (scrolling style with an advanced template). Everything was going great, until the arrows that allow you to go between bookmark tiles aren't responding anymore.

When I am editing the app in experience builder they work and also if I use the live view option, but then when I open the preview or look at the page where the app will be embedded the arrows don't work. 

I recently added cards to the bookmark tiles so that I can have a hover effect and make the tiles look more like buttons and I am wondering if that is what caused this issue. 

New insight: I also went back to a previous version of the app without the card bookmark tiles and the problem is the same. I tried creating an app from scratch using the Ribbon template. With the default bookmarks the blue navigation arrows work, but when I change the bookmark template to an advanced template the buttons aren't responsive again.  Was there an update to experience builder - I noticed that there is a new Table (Beta) feature available now.

Any insights would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Hi Stefanie, 

I confirmed that this is a regression bug as well for advanced template of Bookmark widget. We are looking into it now. And will soon have a patch fix for it. For now you may use "paging" for the paging type, or choose other bookmark template. 

Thanks for your feedback. 

Sincerely,

Wei

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
TomHasselbeck1
New Contributor

The Bookmark widget isn't working for me at all.  And I took a look at a previous version of an EB app and the bookmark widget's contents are blank.  It was working last week.  We have a demo tomorrow and bookmarks is a new feature to showcase.

Tom

0 Kudos
StefanieWenker
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tom,

What part of it is not working for you? I also noticed that it is harder to get the bookmark to respond to clicking on it where I have text on the tile.

0 Kudos
TomHasselbeck1
New Contributor

I added a bookmark widget to a new window.  I call that window from a button. The idea is the user picks a map extent (bookmark) from a list of pictures, but nothing shows up in the bookmark widget.  I had it all working last week.  Now the window is blank when called from the button.  Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Hi Tom, 

Pretty sorry for the bug. Yes it is a regression issue for Bookmark widget that in window it shows nothing. 

We will try to fix this as soon as possible in patch in the coming days. 

Thanks,

Wei 

World_PeaceUser_Four
New Contributor

Thanks Wei for the quick response.  I look forward to the update.

Tom

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Hi Tom,

This issue in displaying in window is fixed in tonight's patch. Please check out and let us know if any further question.

Thanks,

Wei 

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Hi Stefanie, 

I confirmed that this is a regression bug as well for advanced template of Bookmark widget. We are looking into it now. And will soon have a patch fix for it. For now you may use "paging" for the paging type, or choose other bookmark template. 

Thanks for your feedback. 

Sincerely,

Wei

0 Kudos
StefanieWenker
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Wei,

I have also noticed that the hover function for cards doesn't work very well in the bookmark tile - is that something that is related to this update too, or just because I am trying to combine too many objects?

I duplicated one of the cards I am using in my bookmark tile and dragged it onto the map to test if it still had issues and it changes when I hover over it as expected.

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Hi Stefanie,

The issue about navigating bookmarks should be fixed in tonight's patch. Please check out.

Sorry I am not very clearly understand your problem with Card. Can you describe your repro steps? What do you mean using in bookmark title? 

Thanks,

Wei

0 Kudos