Select to view content in your preferred language

Auto/Custom Layouts for Screen Sizes not working?

Jump to solution
04-15-2024 11:34 AM
Labels (1)
HeatherHegi1
New Contributor III

I'm creating an app in Experience Builder based on the Foldable Template. I did all my customization on the large screen device layout. I then went to Medium and Small screen version, changed it to Auto to capture all the customizations I made on the large screen, and then changed it back to Custom to make further refinements. However, this isn't working! When I make any edits on the small screen size such as reducing the title text size, it is changing it on all versions, even though it is set to Custom. What am I missing?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

"Custom" in this context might be more accurately labeled as "Customizable". I might need to do an investigation for the Tips & Tricks Board about exactly what can be changed in one layout while it stays the same in another, but for most options, like changing the font size, the changes will go to all three layouts.

To make these kinds of changes, make a copy of your original widget and paste it in. Then send the original widget to the Pending List and make any changes to the copied version. The Desktop size should be unchanged and the Mobile size should show the new copied widget.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

"Custom" in this context might be more accurately labeled as "Customizable". I might need to do an investigation for the Tips & Tricks Board about exactly what can be changed in one layout while it stays the same in another, but for most options, like changing the font size, the changes will go to all three layouts.

To make these kinds of changes, make a copy of your original widget and paste it in. Then send the original widget to the Pending List and make any changes to the copied version. The Desktop size should be unchanged and the Mobile size should show the new copied widget.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
HeatherHegi1
New Contributor III

I was just using Experience Builder terminology. 

I saw the mentioning of moving the widget to the 'pending list' and had tried it, but undid it because I didn't want to hide the text! Thank you for the tip of duplicating it and putting the original on the pending list. That worked!

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Please do not take anything above as criticism of you. I was just commenting that the labeling in Experience Builder is not very clear and descriptive in this case. The labeling is genuinely confusing and I have also been confused by it. 

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

The way I learned it is Content vs Style. If you make Content changes (anything found under the Content tab) it will change across all screen sizes. Style changes (anything found under the Style tab) will only change for the specific screen size you are working on.

JenniferAcunto_0-1713272154416.png

- Jen