Arrangement of widgets that open from the Widget Controller

Jump to solution
06-27-2023 04:42 PM
Labels (1)
LydiaKateYoder
New Contributor II

I am using the Widget Controller widget containing buttons for the Legend, Layer, and Swipe widgets. The windows for these three widgets open in an odd location on the page far from the widget controller, even though the Widget Controller is nested within a Fixed Panel. See screenshot below for example of the pop-up position of the legend when I select the Legend button in the Widget Controller

Is there any fix for this or am I stuck with this nonsensical arrangement of my widgets? 

Screenshot 2023-06-27 192744.png

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

Widget panel arrangement setting is exclusive in Single behavior. For Multiple behavior, it does not have a fixed panel arrangement - both Stack and Side by Side display widget panels like a float panel. So you can consider them same as a float panel in Single behavior.

Shen Zhang

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

Hi @LydiaKateYoder 

Thank you for your feedback. 

Based on the description you provided, I think you should be using Floating widget panel arrangement. In this arrangement, widget panels appear floating next to the controller, anchored to each widget's icon.

At runtime, widget panel will open next to widget icon. To provide users with flexibility, they can move the panel by simply clicking and dragging it to their desired position on the screen. This position would be retained even if the panel is closed and reopened until the page is refreshed.

Shen Zhang
0 Kudos
LydiaKateYoder
New Contributor II

Hmm, the option to change the widget panel arrangement is not available in my Widget Controller settings (see below).

Screenshot 2023-06-28 161743.png

0 Kudos
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

Widget panel arrangement setting is exclusive in Single behavior. For Multiple behavior, it does not have a fixed panel arrangement - both Stack and Side by Side display widget panels like a float panel. So you can consider them same as a float panel in Single behavior.

Shen Zhang
LydiaKateYoder
New Contributor II

Ahhh ok, that makes sense. Thank you! I switched to Single behavior, and I'm now able to use a fixed panel arrangement. 

0 Kudos