Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Experience Builder Uninstall

01-19-2024 09:14 AM
vijaybadugu
Occasional Contributor II

I have installed long back and been working on few apps. now i would like to upgrade it newer version of 1.13 or uninstall the current version and install newer version 

When i try to install newer version using command prompt i am getting below error 

Error: listen EADDRINUSE: address already in use :::3000
at Server.setupListenHandle [as _listen2] (node:net:1872:16)
at listenInCluster (node:net:1920:12)
at Server.listen (node:net:2008:7)
at Object.<anonymous> (D:\EXB\arcgis-experience-builder-1.13\ArcGISExperienceBuilder\server\src\server.js:1:3490)
at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1376:14)
at Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1435:10)
at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1207:32)
at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1023:12)
at Function.executeUserEntryPoint [as runMain] (node:internal/modules/run_main:135:12)
at node:internal/main/run_main_module:28:49
Emitted 'error' event on Server instance at:
at emitErrorNT (node:net:1899:8)
at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:82:21) {
code: 'EADDRINUSE',
errno: -4091,
syscall: 'listen',
address: '::',
port: 3000
}

Could you please suggest 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

Hey @vijaybadugu 

It appears that a process is currently running on port 3000 when the Experience Builder is attempting to use said port. You may need to find what the process is that is currently running, and terminate the process if possible, there is a way that we can find this, if we use this here in the Windows CMD:

netstat -ano -p tcp |find "3000"

The far right column is the PID of the process running, you will be able to then use this command to terminate the PID that you find, please ensure it is not something that will cause issue when stopped though:

taskkill /F /PID <PID> 

So if my PID was 111 it would be taskkill /F /PID 111

If you're using Linux, you may use

sudo lsof -i :3000 

Then once found terminate the PID with:

kill -9 <PID>

So if your PID was 111, it would be kill -9 111

Hope this helps!

Cody

vijaybadugu
Occasional Contributor II

I tried to kill the process based on process id and it keeps showing on task manager with different PID . 

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

Hey @vijaybadugu 

I was curious if you could share what the process may be? If it's an important one, your IT department or similar may be the best to contact in order to move this process out of the way so you can place your own process down. I apologize that I can't be much help, but process involved issues can be very interesting.

Cody

0 Kudos