Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Experience Builder- Does not support Google Drive Files in Maps

02-01-2024 08:57 AM
Labels (1)
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello EB Team, 

It appears that an Esri supported workflow is not supported within your product:
 https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/mapping/use-google-drive-arcgis-online/ 

Amanda__Huber_0-1706806491583.png

When adding a referenced Google Drive csv to our map and adding the map to Experience Builder, the experience says that the data is not supported. 

Please advise!

Thank you, 

Amanda Huber

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

I can't find in any documentation on it at the moment, but I am pretty sure that a csv is only considered a valid data source for Experience Builder if it is a hosted feature service.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi @JeffreyThompson2 ,

Thanks for the response!

For the option we're using, the first one in the ArcGIS Blog Article and the only one I can find that allows "referencing" the sheet (supporting real time edits/updates), I don't believe it  "Hosts" the file in AGOL, at least in the traditional manner with item details and everything. Here's a video I found of the workflow- https://youtu.be/avrVc4QGwWU 

That being said, since it's a supported/suggested workflow for Esri I believe it should be supported in other products.

Best, 

Amanda

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Ok, I see in the ESRI blog that it converts the csv to a hosted feature layer. That should be a valid data source in Experience Builder. Maybe, there is an additional step like re-adding the layer to the webmap from the feature layer?

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi @JeffreyThompson2 , 

That workflow doesn't support adding a Google Drive CSV as "referenced". Only by adding in the web map do we get this option. 

Amanda__Huber_0-1706809100218.png

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

I'm going back to my original answer, if you don't create some sort of hosted feature, a csv is not a valid Experience Builder data source.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos