Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Experience Builder 1.12 - Data Actions for List Widget not working

07-19-2023 03:39 PM
ClangDevGuy
New Contributor III

Hey,

I've been going through the process of upgrading my applications/widgets from ExB version 1.10 to 1.12 and noticed that the out-of-the-box List Widget data action isn't working correctly anymore.

I have two different List widgets, Site and Site Updates which have a 1-to-many relationship, so when I click on the "Site" List it will show all the related "Site Updates" in the other list. It worked great in version 1.10 but not in version 1.12 where now the Site Updates list returns 0 records.

Here is action setup I am using:

ClangDevGuy_0-1689806211854.png

I would appreciate any help, Thanks!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
josevaldes1
Occasional Contributor

hi , i have a similar problem. i create a post about my problem https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/when-select-from-list-widget-the-f...

what i found is that with a hosted feature it works.

The feature i use and does not work  is in a microsoft sql. In version 1.11 is working, something changes in 1.12 .

ClangDevGuy
New Contributor III

Thanks for the response. We are also using published services from SQL server and currently in Enterprise 10.9.1, but waiting for an upgrade to 11.1. But, not sure if upgrading will help in this case. 

QuantitativeFuturist
Occasional Contributor

Seeing the same issue here can someone from @JShi_EsriStaff please comment this is a serious issue.

0 Kudos
DanJiang
Esri Contributor

Hi, we delivered a fix in October Online release to address a similar issue. As the bug could be data-specific, could you please check if the fix work for your case?

Thanks, 

Dan

0 Kudos
ClangDevGuy
New Contributor III

Hey @DanJiang

We got around to update our dev environment to Enterprise 11.2 that is using this version of ExB 1.12 and I dug a little deeper and its due to the inconsistency of using GlobalIDs and GUIDS as the relationship for the data action.

I'm basically using the "Data Actions" to query related records from a feature to a feature table. I have GlobalDs and GUIDs for the relationship and the internal built query for selecting sites now uses a "LOWER" in the where statement: 

Ex:
(((LOWER(SiteGUID) = '{f725dad7-5205-41d3-956c-1b1a45ff680f}'))) 

Result is 0 records now, because this was programmed for the "AGOL" globalIDs and not the "Arcgis Portal" globalIDs.  

QuantitativeFuturist
Occasional Contributor

@DanJiang Any updates on this please?

0 Kudos
DanJiang
Esri Contributor

Hi @QuantitativeFuturist @ClangDevGuy , Do you mean using the LOWER function causes the issue? Could you provide us a sample service to reproduce the bug? We did not discriminate between AGOL globalIDs and Portal globalIDs. And it will help position the issue if you can share the differences with us. 

0 Kudos
ClangDevGuy
New Contributor III

Hey @DanJiang, I noticed this has been fixed in the ExB version 1.13 where the change in the query is now like this:

(((LOWER(SiteGUID) IN ('{3b790d55-ac22-4009-b4d2-8960b413b9e8}','3b790d55-ac22-4009-b4d2-8960b413b9e8'))))

So, the query includes have the '}' and without. We just can't use the Experience Builder version that is tied to our Portal.      

0 Kudos
DanJiang
Esri Contributor

Oh, I see. I'm afraid the portal version will have a certain lag. I am wondering if you can upgrade your Developer Edition? You can use the higher version Dev Edition to link to portal 11.2, then configure and deploy your apps. But please be noted that custom widgets developed by higher version DE may not work in portal 11.2. 

0 Kudos