Select to view content in your preferred language

Able to edit data in pop-ups?

04-15-2024 11:20 AM
JonJones1
Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone,

I'm curious if it's doable in Experience Builder to leverage its built-in tools to create a feature where users can select a point on a map and then modify the data associated with that point through a pop-up.

Imagine you have a map with several points representing homes. You'd like users to be able to select a point and, within a pop-up window, edit various data fields. For example, they might want to adjust the believed value of the home. It would be particularly handy if users could select multiple points and edit a common field, such as "Dwelling Status," to mark them as occupied or vacant, all within one pop-up.

Is this functionality achievable in ArcGIS Experience Builder using its built-in tools and options?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

I'm pretty sure there is no way to edit directly in a popup. 

However, the standard behavior of the Edit Widget will make an item editable when it is selected on the map. You could also use a Table Widget with editing turned on and configure it so the table filters when the something is selected in the map.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
JonJones1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply! I might leave this question open a little longer, but what you suggested definitely works. Side question: Can you update the table for many points all at once instead of having to update each item individually? Kind of like a batch edit. Just wondering. 

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Yes, but this feature was added fairly recently. If you are on an older version of Enterprise, you may not have it.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos