Select to view content in your preferred language

URL Parameter to open edit widget by a feature's GlobalID

12-11-2023 05:01 PM
Labels (3)
Will_CulturalFire
New Contributor III

Provide a URL parameter format to launch an Experience with a feature selected by globalID for editing. This is an awesome interoperability workflow for Survey123, but with the improvements to smart forms, it would be great to offer the same functionality via Experience Builder, without having to rebuild the same form as a survey. Also, until smart forms are supported in ArcGIS Pro, a link of this type in a feature's pop-up would allow complex, form-based attribute data to be entered by launching the feature's smart form from ArcGIS Pro.

2 Comments
TimWestern

I like the sound of this idea, but I seem to recall something about 'unique ids' not always being consistently and repeat-ably unique for the same object.  I'm still learning some of ArcGIS's internals, but if I understand that correctly it could be difficult to make an out of the box feature, maybe.

willbruce_KarukTribeDNR

I don't think so.. the globalid value of any row is unique within that table. https://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/latest/manage-data/geodatabases/arcgis-field-data-types.htm#GUI...