Table Widget

04-14-2021 12:42 PM
Labels (1)
smay_gis
New Contributor II

Hi! I have researched this and don't believe anyone has asked it or brought it up... 

I am wanting to use the table feature like the attribute table widget in WAB. This means I want the the attribute table to refresh to the map extent. I don't think this is possible.. at least yet? I am hoping a future update will include this. I have it currently updating with "selection", but I would prefer it to just update itself with the map extent. It is a little tedious.

Also, there is a ton of white space in between the tabs in the table and the actual information without the search option. I feel like the appearance of the widget should be more customizable? Thanks!

2 Comments
TianWen

Hello! Thanks for the comments!

Currently, "filtering table records by map extent changes" can be realized by exploiting the message/action mechanism.

Follow the steps as below:

1. Add an "extent changes" trigger to the map widget

TianWen_1-1618902708952.png

2. Make the trigger target the framework

TianWen_3-1618902769486.png

3. Set the action "filter data records"

TianWen_4-1618902835590.png

4. Select the data you would like to use

TianWen_5-1618902896762.png

Then you should be able to filter the table records by navigating/zooming the map!

And we'll consider your suggestion regarding customizing the appearance.

Thank you,

Tian

smay_gis

Thank you @TianYu ! However, I have already done this. It is filtering my text widgets, but not my table. 

smay_gis_0-1618926099951.png

In this example I am zoomed to Reagan County ONLY, and Upton and Midland (as well as all other data) are still showing. Do I need to update somehow? I reviewed all my triggers and they are done how you suggested.