Select to view content in your preferred language

Suggestion for Displaying Widget Names in Section Widgets Views

11-20-2023 07:55 AM
SamSimpson
New Contributor III

Suggestion: I would like to suggest allowing generic widget names like 'Print' or 'Filter' to present without a numeric suffix when displayed within a Section widgets view.

Description: When an Experience Builder (EB) project contains multiple pages, the names of duplicate widgets are currently assigned a numeric suffix. While this can be easily addressed by renaming the widget in the Outline, it poses a challenge when dealing with different views within the Section widgets.

For instance, if I have 'Print' widgets on two separate pages within Section widgets, I am presented with a clear 'Print' label on the first page, but the second page displays 'Print 2'. Attempting to rename the view results in an error stating, "The label is duplicated."

I've come across a workaround, as discussed in this post, but this solution doesn't seem sustainable when working with numerous pages in my Experience Builder (EB) project.

I propose a more user-friendly approach that allows for generic widget names like 'Print' or 'Filter' to be displayed without numeric suffixes within Section widgets views, making the user experience more intuitive and eliminating the need for workarounds.