Simple Chart Widget

03-21-2021 01:56 AM
Labels (1)
JonathanMcDougall
Occasional Contributor III

Would be nice to include a simple chart widget within Experience Builder.

Despite being a complete novice, and certainly not a coder, I'm using Exp Builder more and getting used to the quirks. Being able to drop in a chart or infographic would be really powerful for the basic user like myself. I find, all too often, I'll insert a dashboard element instead, however, I get uneasy with the user experience of seeing lots of "dash beta" loading animations.

8 Comments
JesSkillman

I got around this with a chart embedded in the map viewer pop-up window, but would love the option to have a simple chart widget as well.

When you add a dashboard element, can you connect it to an experience builder map element?

JonathanMcDougall

Unfortunately not,  unless there's something clever that can be done within embedded code,  a simple embedded url just creates a "solo" element.

West Highland Way IoT Project - Drymen & Gartness Community Data (arcgis.com)

by Anonymous User

@JonathanMcDougall I cant find a link, but I've seen slides for "Experience Builder roadmaps". I think it was from a FedUC session. My understanding is a Chart widget is on their "near term" list. So, it sounds like it's coming - hopefully in a release or two?

JonathanMcDougall

@Anonymous User  thank you.

RyanDickinson1

@JonathanMcDougall & @JesSkillman you can connect the map widget to a dashboard through Select Data Records. Please see this thread:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder/embed-an-operations-dashboard-and-use-an-ops...

JonathanMcDougall

https://youtu.be/Ngf8OmsClxc?t=309

AGOL April 2021 update, couple of notes within Exp Builder.

by Anonymous User

Hi @JonathanMcDougall - at the April 2021 ArcGIS Online update Experience Builder added a Chart widget. If you have any feedback on the new widget we would be interested to hear it. 

Thanks!

-Peter 

JonathanMcDougall

@Anonymous User 

Hi Peter, I've already implemented a couple of charts within Exp Builder, a welcomed update. Only comments so far would be a little more control over the hover-over pop-ups, and the addition of line charts would be welcomed too.
Realise Exp Builder is very much a new product, however, the more I use it the more I like it - find myself using this over my previous approach of using Hub Pages.