Select to view content in your preferred language

Map Layers: Set Visibility Range

11-15-2023 08:36 AM
Labels (2)
ScottShield
New Contributor III

In the Map Layers widget, I would like to be able to click the ellipses to find an option to change display scale for each map layer. In Web App Builder this option exists and is called 'Set Visibility Scale'

Functional parity with Web App Builder.

Tags (3)
5 Comments
JeffreyThompson2

If you set the visibility range in the web Map Viewer, it will be respected within Experience Builder.

JeffreyThompson2_0-1700073229779.png

Mike_Koutnik

My need is similar but needs to be more interactive. Users need to be able to change the visibility threshold in the app, interactively. How can I provide for that? Thanks.

JeffreyThompson2

If you want the end user to be able to adjust visibility like that, you will need to make a custom widget with Developer Edition.

Juan_Toro-Killion

@JeffreyThompson2  Will this particular enhancement be on a future update of Experience Builder? 

JeffreyThompson2

@Juan_Toro-Killion I don't work for ESRI and I don't know everything going on, but I don't think they are working on this. And it's sort of out of the scope of what Experience Builder is intended to be, so I can't imagine this to ever be a priority. If you really want it, the best thing to do is to call support and ask for an enhancement request and maybe it will be out in a couple years. If you want it faster, you will need a developer to make a custom widget.