Select to view content in your preferred language

Lock time step for Timeline Widget

a week ago
Labels (2)
EricAnderson2010
New Contributor II

I'm using Experience Builder to present a history of land ownership over a large area, between 1900 to present-day. Each parcel is assigned a begin year and end year. As the years go by, the parcels get subdivided, making the older parcels obsolete.

I use a time-enabled map to filter out parcels using begin and end year, and the Timeline widget for users to move through time. But for my purposes, the time step MUST remain 1 year. If it's a window of, say 10 years, the map will overlap parcels, causing confusion.

It would be so helpful if there was an option in the "Configure time" menu to LOCK the time step to a specified window. For instance, a check box to toggle between lock/unlock. I can set the default length to 1 year, but users often inadvertently change this when sliding the time bar. For the sake of functionality, I need to prevent users from altering the time step and view 1-year increments only.

An additional configuration option could be to allow the user to lock/unlock the time step themselves, via a lock icon on the Timeline widget.