List widget search suggestion options

3 weeks ago
Labels (1)
EmilyMc
New Contributor III

We are using the list widget across a number of Experience Builder applications. In one of our applications, we are looking to adjust the number of search suggestions provided by the search function in the list widget. 

This particular list widget provides a list of administrative areas. Because the number of search suggestions is limited to 5 in the list widget, there are times when the search suggestions introduce a bias to our users by not providing suggestions for all of the relevant areas. 

In the search widget this issue can be resolved using the General Search Options > Search Suggestions setting, which can be increased, or set to 0 to ensure this is not a problem. It would be great if this configuration option was also made available to the search function in the list widget. 

Thanks! 

1 Comment
TomDuncanGIS

I'm curious why the Search for the Search and List Widget is limited?  I have found that the Suggestions and Results setting for the Search widget is capped at 20  This is very limiting, especially compared to Web AppBuilder which did not have limits.  The most common Search I build is for Street Addresses, and if all you know is the Street Name and get a list of possible addresses to choose from, it can easily top 20 on a dense or long street. Please remove the limits for for Suggestions and Results for the Search and List widget.