Select to view content in your preferred language

Experience Builder - Show profile of 3D layers in the Elevation Profile widget

11-03-2022 06:45 PM
Labels (1)
AndrewDouglas-Clifford1
Occasional Contributor

It would be great for the Experience Builder Elevation Profile widget to have the same functionality as the 3D Scene viewer Profile tool - the ability to see separate profiles for other 3D layers in the scene such as 3D scene layers/mesh surfaces.

This is really useful to be able to see the difference between the ground and any changes that might have taken place since in the mesh layer.

AndrewDouglasClifford1_0-1667526114602.png

9 Comments
AlixVezina

@AndrewDouglas-Clifford1 This is currently available in the Advanced settings of the widget. This should work as expected for both 2D and 3D maps.

AlixVezina_1-1667570965067.png

AlixVezina_0-1667570915920.png

Is there any further functionality you are expecting related to this?

Also, do you see anything we can improve to make the settings for this functionality standout more?

ChrisFox
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

AndrewDouglas-Clifford1

Hi @AlixVezina @ChrisFox

As I understand it, that setting applies to selecting the geometry of an existing line feature, and using that as the profile line (compared to drawing a profile manually). That is useful, but not what I was after as it only supports line features.

To clarify, the functionality I am asking for is to draw and display the profile of a 3D integrated mesh/surface in addition to the ground surface in a similar way. This is currently available when authoring a 3D scene (shown in the main post) but not in the Experience Builder widget. The settings you have indicated don't seem to have any support for this functionality.

Kind regards,

Andrew

AlixVezina

@AndrewDouglas-Clifford1,

I just want to make sure I am understanding correctly what you are requesting.

Is this a good example?

Digital Twin - 3D-mesh Utrecht (Kavel 10) met SPOTinfo PandenPlus 

AlixVezina_0-1668445696017.png

AndrewDouglas-Clifford1

@AlixVezina yes that's pretty much what I'm after, thanks!

It'd also be useful if it tied in with my other request for this widget (which is in the product plan) to be able to export this layer profile information: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-ideas/experience-builder-allow-elevation-pro...

Thomas1

@AlixVezina @ChrisFox We need this! We need the elevation profile to show both the ground and buildings, exactly as in the 2nd example from AlixVezina. Very disappointing that ExB elevation profile is not as good as the one in 3D scene. 

I can't kudo the idea because of its status. 

AlixVezina
Status changed to: Implemented

This was added to the Elevation Profile widget in the February 2023 update.

ALV
by

@AlixVezina Can the ability to export to PDF be added as well? It would be nice to see the profile in addition to the area on the map itself without the need for coordinates like in the csv.

AlixVezina

@ALV The Button widget provides the option to Print the current page leveraging the browser printing tool. This may work for your workflow as the user would be able to print everything they currently see on their page (the profile, the map, and any other element you may've included)?

AlixVezina_0-1722017366767.png