ExB: make the built-in widgets to the Map widget independent and configurable

06-30-2021 01:15 PM
Labels (1)
HaitingHuang
New Contributor III

The built-in widgets, like the Measure widget, only have an option of hide/show in the Map widget configuration. The end users would like the default measurement units to be Kilometers & Hectares respectively. However, the Builder user interface does not allow further settings to the built-in widgets. I would like to suggest those built-in widgets to the Map widget can be independent and configurable individually, or provide further configuration for those built-in widgets.

HaitingHuang_0-1625084068893.png

7 Comments
RobertScheitlin__GISP

@HaitingHuang If you are using ExB Developer then you can use the measurement custom widget that I made for this:

https://community.esri.com/t5/experience-builder-custom/measurement-widget-eb-1-4/ta-p/1062509

HaitingHuang

Hi, @RobertScheitlin__GISP Thanks for your information & widgets! Your widgets & knowledge are great assets to the GIS community. The reason I submitted the Ideas was to try to reach the ESRI Dev team to refine the ExB product and make it much more useful/powerful for GIS users without customization and reduce the maintenance. Thanks again!

CityofFredericton

Portal allows you to configure the default unit (i.e metric) but it does not appear to be recognized by the  widget in the ExB Widget controller.  It should.

AlejandroMari1

Hi all! I just tried this with ExB 1.7 and ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 and ExB did pick up the default units set in Portal for me.

I set the units in Settings -> Maps -> Map defaults

BruceRiesterer

It appears that the measure widget units will now adjust to your default unit settings if you first login to ArcGIS Online.  

This works good for users with ArcGIS Online accounts, but we are providing public access applications where many users will not have an account.   

Please provide a way to configure default units for the measure widget in experience builder.

James_Shreeve

This post is 3 years old now and it doesn't seem like there's any movement on being able to set the default units on the EB measure tool? For those that just have a AGO account it would be really useful to be able to do simple config on this widget, or maybe make it it's own EB widget which will enable more config by the admin. Having to constantly change the units every time me or one of the team use the tool is frustrating. 

JohnsCreekGIS

@James_Shreeve I agree. It would be nice if they would expand the functionality in the existing set up or create a separate widget for it. It is frustrating because the capability was there in Web App Builder so users were accustomed to it and when we switched to Experience Builder people complained and wanted the functionality they lost.