Select to view content in your preferred language

Enable ability to move map tools anywhere.

11-01-2023 12:51 PM
Labels (3)
JonathonMerrick
New Contributor III

Currently in EXB, you have two choices of where you can place the map tools (zoom, home, locate, compass, etc.).  Enable the ability to move each of the map tools independently of each other, add them to a widget container, or re-order them in any way.

JonathonMerrick_0-1698867346495.png

^ Current options for map tools location ^

Also, the measurement tool is seemingly shunned by the other tools as it appears opposite the location of the zoom/home/locate tools. Allow moving, stacking, or ordering the tools in whatever way we desire.

JonathonMerrick_1-1698867706403.png

JonathonMerrick_2-1698868021426.png

^ Two options for Measure tool location, neither of which is desirable. ^

Current options

6 Comments
bdoventures

I would really like this functionality.  There are certain map tools, e.g. measurement, that should really be included as widgets, but until that happens, we need more options to move them around.  Wherever they get placed by the available options, they seem to conflict with widgets, which is  frustrating.  I don't want to have to move widget controllers to awkward places just because there aren't enough customization options for map tools for which ESRI hasn't yet created widgets.

Note: I know that Robert Scheitlin has created a custom measurement widget, but it's not compatible with the most recent versions of EXB developer edition.

twangtx

Agreed, the layer list and basemap tools are moveable/configurable widgets, why not the other tools?

JamiCameron_mh

This needs to be an option! So many of my experience builder apps are limited by this and users complain about how screen space is effected. 

BillLotz

Yep, it kind of crazy that you can't move the tools where you want them. It seems like this would have been figured out in Beta, come on ESRI!

Brian_McLeer

In the latest update of AGOL, the measure tool and the my location tool looks to be its own widgets to add to a widget controller now. How long is it until they push features from AGOL EB to EB Developer? 

JeffreyThompson2

@Brian_McLeer The new version of Developer Edition usually comes out about a month after the Online update, so expect 1.15 in August.