Select to view content in your preferred language

Edit widget UI should reflect options selected

09-12-2024 05:11 PM
Labels (2)
BlakeMorrison
Regular Contributor

Hi All,

I'm setting up an app and noticing that the edit widget UI doesn't reflect the options selected.

• I've set the options to only allow 'Add records', but the edit widget still offers me the option to 'Select' which I would prefer it didn't.
  • I've set the options to disable all snapping and other settings, but the edit widget still displays a settings dropdown, even if there's nothing to display under the drop.

Screenshot 2024-09-12 170441.png

3 Comments
fdeters

I second your issue with the "Settings" dropdown menu - I often see it there in my app, even if it's empty when you open it. I would prefer that it doesn't show at all if it's empty.

As for the "Select" issue - Have you tried viewing the app on an account that has more limited permissions? I've seen something similar in my app where the Edit widget still shows ME the "Delete" option even when I have the "Delete records" option toggled off, but other users with fewer permissions don't see the delete button when they use the app.

BlakeMorrison

No luck on the "select" issue. It is greyed out if I don't have edit permissions, but still there. Good thought though.

AlixVezina
Status changed to: In Product Plan

Both the empty "Settings" dropdown issue and the Select button issue should be resolved with the next update of Experience Builder, in November 2024.