Buffer Widget Experience Builder

11-16-2023 11:21 AM
Labels (2)
JorgeMorteo
Occasional Contributor

This is no believable. The Buffer widget in Experience  Builder only buffers from a point.  The basic geometric shapes use in GIS are points, lines and polygons. The buffer tool is useless if it can not buffer from the geometric features.  Please have the buffer tool buffer from Polygons and lines too. There is a web app builder tools that works great but it is not available in Experience Builder "Public Notification" . Make the buffer tool do the same please. 

7 Comments
AValenski

@JorgeMorteo are you referring to the Analysis Widget's buffer within ExB?

JorgeMorteo

The actual widgett name is the "Query Widget"  but ESRI said that the intent was not to display a buffer but to get attributes .  

In web app builder the "Public Notification" works good but it does not work the same way in Experience builder. 

Experience builder should have a buffer widget. Planning departments in the USA use it often  to see distances from certain land uses to  protected uses such as schools, child cares ....   

NedCake1

This is another instance where ESRI has not reached parity between WAB and Experience Builder. 

We need a widget that will create a buffer around a selected feature(s), display the buffer on the map, then select features that intersect the buffer, and allow users to export the selection.

You want us to migrate to EXB but the tools simply are not there.

P.S. Instant apps is not a workable solution to this need.

Bec
by

I agree with the many commenters above me.  We need a Buffer Widget for Experience Builder.  It would be nice to have something similar to what they have in the below image for this website: https://property.franklincountyauditor.com/_web/maps/mapadv.aspx 

Buffer Widget.PNG

JorgeMorteo

Thank yo for sharing the website. I will be going to the ESRI conference in a few weeks and I will find out more about it. 

GaryGegen

You would think a simple buffer widget would be one of the first things to be implemented in Experience Builder.

JorgeMorteo

FYI The "NEARME" widget works just like the buffer tool. 

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/latest/configure-widgets/near-me-widget.htm