ArcGIS experience builder "Stacked Bar Charts" requires stacking by category field like Dashboard's "Split by field"

06-12-2023 09:49 PM
GerberMatthew
New Contributor III

ArcGIS experience builder "Stacked Bar Charts" requires stacking by category field like Dashboard's "Split by field".

Stacked charts currently only work based on having multiple value fields in 1 record, rather than a single value being assigned to a category in another field.  I either have to post process my geometry data into summary information or use ArcGIS dashboard and embed into experience build to achieve this functionality.

There is no way in Experience builder to do the following stack chart/summary.

Say you have a road line dataset and wanted to stack length of road based on road type for different states. You want your X axis to be "State", your Y being sum of "Length" and your stacked categories to be "Road Type".

1 Comment
Sarah_of_Lubbock

This is an issue for multiple people:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/arcgis-experience-builder-stacked-...

I discovered this while trying to rebuild one of my dashboards (based on the same webmap) as an experience.

This is the chart that can be built in dashboards:

Sarah_of_Lubbock_0-1694017737533.png
This is what it looks like in EB - there are no options to "stack" (exact same dataset):

Sarah_of_Lubbock_1-1694017859730.png