Select to view content in your preferred language

Allow Snapping in Measure Tool for Experience Builder

06-15-2023 07:00 AM
PhilipOhlinger
New Contributor III

In Experience Builder, the measure tool does not allow for snapping to features in the map. Right now, the measure tool is used frequently in our Web App Builder maps to measure off of parcel lines or other features in the map. Snapping is enabled by holding down control on the keyboard. Please add this functionality to the measure tool in Experience Builder. This is one of the last things holding us back from switching over to Experience Builder for all of our web maps.

Thanks!

6 Comments
RenéT
by

@esri, We also need this functionality to switching over to Experience Builder

PhilipOhlinger

I'm surprised this wasn't added in the recent release. ESRI, any update as to when this will be available in experience builder and the new map viewer?

TiiuKelviste

I'm surprised that this functionality wasn't implemented with the tool, really disappointing as we are looking for workflows in Experience Builder to make the switch but it's just not there.

Any idea when?

PhilipOhlinger

Is this coming in the next update? Seriously, this seems like a small thing but without snapping the measure tool is pretty useless. Our users are constantly using the measure tool to snap between parcel lines, etc. so right now we can switch over to experience builder. Please add this functionality ASAP.

JessicaHobbins

My organization also needs to see this functionality.

AnthonyAtkins2

Okay, so I'm not just missing something and this functionality just isn't available yet (without coding it in myself)?