Allow Arcade Expressions in Experience Builder

05-13-2020 08:52 PM
ZorbaConlen1
Occasional Contributor III

It would be useful to be able to use arcade expressions in the following areas:

• Filters. The list of fields available to filter on should include any arcade expressions created for the layer.
  • List templates. Again, really useful to use Arcade expressions to enhance data presentation in list widget.
  • Image and text widgets.

I'm hoping to see this extended in future releases of ExB. There are probably other widgets and interfaces where it would be useful as well within ExB.

Thanks

41 Comments
CoreyWilliamsESRIAccount

This would be very helpful for creating experiences where the user signed in user can be filtered which avoids the need to create view layers and multiples of the same app for different users.

snowflake

Wow, this is a dealbreaker for me.
I see now there is no Filter for Charts.
I will stick to Dashboard. Such a shame

AWinchell

Adding my support to this. I have an enhancement request submitted for this exact idea (ENH-000164758).

For my project, I would really like to be able to display a green icon for results from the near me widget when data is present and a red icon when no data is present. Being able to use arcade expressions for dynamic text, dynamic images, and in lists would solve so many of my issues with experience builder.

DebHSF
by

This would be extremely useful. At the moment I'm having to create dashboards in order to use Arcade expressions, then embed them in ExB - which brings its own issues.

David_Tipping

Add my name to this list 👍

acarmody

I also vote yes for arcade expression capability in all ExB widgets - highest importance.

Cheryl
by

Joining all the others before me in asking that this functionality be added to Experience Builder.

RenatoHingel

Muita necessidade de ter expressões arcade no ExB. Como colegas já disseram, tive que construir dashboard usando expressões arcade e embedado no EXB, mas como minha necessidade era um painel com rolagem horizontal, tive que colocar vários dashboards um abaixo do outro, o que gera várias complicações. Espero que essa melhoria chegue logo!

CStarbirdDudek

I'm still kinda shocked that it's been 4 years since this idea was posted, and we still have very limited Arcade support in Experience Builder. Experience builder would be SUCH a powerful tool if you could introduce logic to text widgets, list widgets, etc. I'm late to the EB game, and I just assumed that this functionality would be available by now. Developing custom widgets is very much not an option for most folks that EB is trying to target, so being able to get 90% of the way there with Arcade Expressions would be a game changer! Please work on this!

JanetSilb_Spike

Chiming on this too.  I am using the Elevation Profile widget with on the fly profile sections (not a feature layer), so I can connect a text widget that uses dynamic text from output of the profiles, but I cannot create the expressions I need from those without more flexibility like Arcade offers.