Additional map layers widget functions

02-06-2023 06:13 AM
Labels (1)
RienkZijlstraMourik
New Contributor II

Hi there,

It would be really nice to have some additional functions in the map layers widget in Experience builder. 

• Search function to find specific layers in the layer list
  • Expand/collapse all layers function
  • Turn all layers on/off

It especially has added value when you are dealing with maps with large number of layers.

The layer list widget of the ArcGIS Web AppBuilder app has this functions already (see attached images) so it would be nice to have them also available in Expression builder.

7 Comments
Paco
by

..And replacing the Eyeball with the standard Checkbox would be a bonus as well.

StijnVerlaar

I totally agree! It's always frustrating when functionality is removed in next gen tooling.

MarkGorecki

The change to the eyeball for layer visibility is absolutely staggering.

It's very difficult to see what is and isn't selected.
And if you have group layers, turning off the parent doesn't even apply the minor greyed out symbology to the child layers. So it looks like those layers are on, despite the parent controlling the visibility.
On top of that, there are next to no options for the layer control, especially when compared to the functionality in the WAB version of the widget. No way to exclude certain layers from the control, for example. 
This widget is very half baked and is one of the main things keeping me from migrating any of our apps to EB.

HelenCooper

Totally agree.  It would be great to have an option to use the checkbox rather than the eye for the layer visibility - it's so much more user friendly.  It would be great to have many layer list options as they were in WAB, seeing the symbols (i.e the legend) within the layer list is much more intuitive for users. 

USFSEnterpriseContent

Agreed, adding all these options to the EB layers list widget would be a game changer!

GlennSullivan

I would love to see all of these options for the layer list. This would be very helpful for web maps with lots of layers. Upvote to see this integrated.